On the edge of Tsavo

Nature can be pretty loud.  Sitting on the edge of Tsavo East game park, staring out into the darkness, the continuous chirping and hum of insects is punctuated by the loud chatter and screeching of unhappy baboons in the distance.



Earlier, an elephant trumpeted to her youngest as we watched a family group drink at a nearby water hole.

We came to Mwatate to meet Augustino, the Makonde man – spending the night on the edge of Tsavo is an added bonus.

 Psalm 104 tells us creation glorifies God.  The creature glorifies its Creator. Not only did God create, but He put a system in place to maintain His creation.

Sitting here in the midst of God’s creation, which we call nature, it is overwhelming to consider God’s power as thunder rolls in the distance; God’s creativity as the long necked giraffe and the long nosed elephant amble past; and God’s provision as we watch a rock hyrax eating his supper.

“May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in His works.   I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.  May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the LORD.” Psalm 104:31,33-34